Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Christ, the Fat and the Blood

I have been coming to and leaving off Leviticus for awhile. I went back and read some parts that I had read before to refresh my mind as to content. Matthew Henry always has good things to say.

Upon reading his commentary on Leviticus 3, Matthew Henry says, “The less costly our devotions are the more lively and serious they should be.” And though I agree with him, that we should have lively and serious devotion, I say that God gave the Jews costly things like bulls, or lambs to encourage them to lively and serious devotions.

Faith is to be mixed with the Form.

And if this is true, then let us rather look at our most costly Sacrifice, Jesus Christ, and be encouraged to lively and serious devotion.

Also, I enjoyed his comparison of 1 Cor. 12:23, 24 with Lev. 3:9.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home